How do people search the web?
Knowing how your customer’s search will help immensely
The next time you go to Google or Bing to search for something, stop.
Before you type anything in the search bar … stop … and think about what you are searching for.
- Are you searching for a product that is sold by thousands of stores and on thousands of websites?
- Are you searching for a website you visit often, but can’t remember is it a .com or .ca?
- Are you searching for general information on a topic, like “where to vacation in Mexico?“
- Are you searching for a service in your city?
Now think about the results you are looking for. For example, if you are searching for a plumber.
- Are you searching for a plumber because you want to renovate your downstairs bathroom?
- Are you searching for a plumber who can install a heater in your garage or in-floor heat or another specialty product?
- Or are you desperate and need a plumber NOW!
NOT every website is created equal
- Some websites were built by the business owner themselves (or their kids). They used a “free” service online and have little to no information on it or the wrong information. They think that because they have a website Google and Bing will find it.
- Some websites have been made by a professional web developer, but the site has not been optimized by a Search Engine Optimization expert.
- The website has been online for 10 years but has not been updated in 9 years.
- The website is not mobile friendly and does not fit properly on a phone.
These are just some of the factors that Google uses to index which site is listed higher than another site. Humans and Google, like to visit websites that are updated and maintained.
Now that you know about the above …
How sophisticated are you as a web user?
Are you searching for:
- Plumbers near me
- 24-hour plumbers
- Emergency service plumbers
- Plumbers who sell and install Lennox products
- Plumbers in Regina
- Plumbers in Regina who accept credit cards
- Professional Regina Plumbers who sell and install Lennox products that accept credit cards
As well, do you use your mobile phone to search? If you do are you …
- typing in your search query or
- using a voice search (OK Google on Android devices, or Siri on Apple /iOS devices)
- or do you have a Google Home, Google Home Mini, Amazon Echo (Alexa)
If you are using a voice search, you may notice you provide more details in a voice search than you would in a text search.
The 4 Way People Search the Web
Help Google Find YouSearch Engine Optimization helps Google find your site for what you want it to be found for.
Contact Regina SEO
Considering search engine optimization for your website? We would love to help.
Building your own website is one thing, performing search engine optimization on that website is another thing. SEO is not a one time "switch" that is turned on or off. SEO is a process. A website needs to be checked to see if it is ready for SEO. If it isn't then it needs to be prepared. Then an overall review of your business and your competitors, locallly, nationally and internationally should be completed.
It sounds overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be. Let us take on the burden and we will break up the process into smaller, attainable tasks.
Request a Consultation
Ready to drive traffic and business to your website?
If you are serious about increasing the traffic to your website and are ready to help us help you then contact SEO Services Regina.
Some SEO is better than no SEO
If your company website is not being found on the first page of Google and you want it to be found. Then consider having some SEO performed for your website. Regina SEO can work with any budget. Keeping in mind that results will take longer the lower the budget. With over 200 factors in Google’s algorithm,
There are many levels of search engine optimization we can help clients with, in fact we generally recommend to our clients that we start slow just to show how their page rank can move with just a little bit of SEO.
FREE No Obligation Quick Report
No foolin’. SEO Services Regina understands that you may not understand the importance of Search Engine Optimization.
That’s why we want to show you. The home page of your website is the first one Google looks at to index your website on their search engine. If it’s not optimized right then you are in trouble.
Every business needs to have a strong reputation online. We increase your online presence through search engine optimization and Internet Marketing techniques that work. Online Reputation Management and SEO. Online reviews are social proof that customers like your business and/or services.